We have a book club i.e. we read books chapter by chapter and discuss them.
We usually meet once a week for lunch and tend to read about 100 pages / week.
If you are interested in joining the book club please come to a meetup first.
These are some books that we have read or are intending to read. The list will not be kept up to date. It is only here to give you an idea of what to expect.
- What’s Our Problem by Tim Urban
- The Righteous Mind by Jonathan Haidt
- The Case Against Education by Bryan Caplan
- The Blank Slate by Steven Pinker
- The Elephant in the Brain by Robin Hanson and Kevin Simler
- The Selfish Gene by Richard Dawkins
- The Scout Mindset by Julia Galef
- The Sequences by Eliezer Yudkowsky
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality by Eliezer Yudkowsky
- Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
- Next book is decided by voting. Each person gets three votes. The book with most votes wins.
- You are free to skip books you don’t like. Then don’t come until the book is done.
- If you want to participate you are expected to come to 80% of meetings (per book) and have done your homework.
- If you committed to attending a meeting, but then don’t come for any reason, you have to pay for everyone’s drinks the next time.
- If you come but haven’t done the reading we agreed upon, you have to pay for everyone’s drinks.
- Chatham House Rule.
- New members only with everyone’s approval.